Climate Countdown: 60 Days. 75 Democrats. 2 mass actions. Hundreds of calls and emails. 13 youth plaintiffs. Zero climate legislation passed.
Our demands to the Washington State Legislature were simple: Halt all new fossil fuel infrastructure projects and commit to Washington State to an economy running on 100% renewables by 2028.
On Day 1, we showed up by the hundreds to demand bold climate action from our Democratic majority legislature. On Day 43, youth from across the state told called on legislators to protect their future and commit to the demands of the Act for our Future pledge. By the end of the session only three legislators – Reps. Fitzgibbon, Tarleton, and Macri – had signed the youth pledge…and zero climate legislation had passed.
“We know it’s difficult to face the challenges of climate change, and that you will have to make difficult choices. So please remember— for every day you delay in addressing this crisis, you create vast and unnecessary suffering for generations to come.” – Leonidas Park Taber, 10
With or without our elected leaders, we are not giving up – because we cannot give up. Join us.
- Call your legislators and tell them to sign the Act for Our Future Pledge and commit to a livable future for Washington’s youth.
- Join your local Civic Action Team to continue to pressure your legislators to support climate legislation.
- Join our campaign to get fossil fuel money out of politics!
- Support the Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy’s carbon fee initiative.
State and local action are more important than ever under the Trump administration, and Washington state must lead the fight.
350 Seattle Civic Action Teams (CAT’s) focus on direct lobbying of elected officials to push them to advance bold climate legislation, and to hold them accountable to the principles of climate justice.
We are building CAT’s across the state that regularly engage with local elected representatives. Join our community and help expand the movement pushing politicians for aggressive climate action.
How You Can Support Us:
- Attend one of 350 Seattle’s public events to learn about specific legislation or proposals that we need people power to advance or block
- Share our public events with your friends and neighbors
- Sign up for our email list to learn about and participate in upcoming civic action campaigns
- Help lead a civic action team in your district
Join a Civic Action Team!